Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Ups and Downs


My husband and I made it to Ohio! It was a long trip and there were some ups and downs along the way. Most of the ups revolved around relationships. The people I met along the way, the talking with my husband, and my conversations with God.

The downs revolved around some of the scenery. There are some pretty places across our country, but I-70 along eastern Colorado and western Kansas could use a little boost (for those of you who are from this area of our country, please extend some grace…I’m still a bit tired from that 20+ hour road trip).


I’m certain the Israelites felt some of the same feelings while wandering through the wilderness in the book of Exodus. Their relationships had the opportunity to grow, but the scenery got to be a bit monotonous.



I believe Jonah experienced a little of this as well. The chance to work on his relationship with God and people was evident and he had plenty of time to do so. But three days in the belly of a big fish was probably not his ideal location for this opportunity.

Wherever your day is taking you, I pray that you will take the time to work on the relationships in your life. Your relationship with your spouse, your children, your co-workers, or with God.

I Corinthians 13:4-8 is considered to be the love chapter of the Bible. When we begin to look at love in this way and we know that this is the way love is to be expressed in our lives, our relationships with others will get better. There will be some amazing ups!

Pay attention to the ups. Don’t get bogged down by the downs. Work on the relationships in your life and enjoy the scenery as you go! The ups and downs in life are what makes it all so special.

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment