Saturday, May 5, 2012

There is a Quiet Place


As you all know, I had been with my Mom at the hospital for over a week. I’ve had some great experiences, some unusual ones, and of course, comical happenings. Maybe someday I can write about them, but today, I want to write about a sign hanging in the hallway.


“A quiet environment promotes healing.”

Naturally because of the location of this sign, it refers to physical healing. But I began to think of these words in relation to my spiritual life.

There have been times spiritually when I’ve needed healing. But that is a process. And I believe, along the way, there must be some quiet in order for healing to take place.

So let’s talk about the healing process and what needs to be considered.

Heal
We must acknowledge that our spiritual healing can only come from God. He is the Great Physician for our soul and He alone is able to make us whole. Through Jesus' sacrifice, we have the opportunity to be healed spiritually.

“He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.” Psalm 147:3

“Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.” Jeremiah 17:14
 
“He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.” Isaiah 53:5

Through our humility and repentance, God’s forgiveness brings healing to our lives.

“If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and forgive their sin and will heal their land.” 2 Chronicles 7:14

Meditate
Through the healing process, we should utilize meditation upon God’s Word. Spending quiet time with God in this way will bring peace and comfort to our ill souls. David knew how to meditate on every aspect of God. Listen to a few of his insights.

“On my bed I remember you; to think of you through the watches of the night.” Psalm 63:6

“I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds.” Psalm 77:12

“I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways.” Psalm 119:15

“I remember the days of long ago; I meditate on all your works and consider what your hands have done.” Psalm 143:5

“They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty, and I will mediate on your wonderful works.” Psalm 145:5

Wait
After you’ve acknowledged your spiritual illness, asked for spiritual healing, and then meditated upon God’s Words, wait. Wait to see what God has in store for you. Wait for His strength. Wait for His hope. Wait for His compassion. Wait for His healing.

“Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.” Psalm 27:14

“I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope.” Psalm 130:5

“Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!” Isaiah 30:18

“Those who wait on the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” Isaiah 40:31

There is no reason to live with spiritual illness. Quietly look to God for healing. In that quietness, He will meet you there. He will restore your soul. He will heal.

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment