Saturday, May 19, 2012

Kings Island


I took a day off yesterday from caring for Mom. I had the opportunity to choose to do anything I wanted. So I chose to go to the local amusement park, Kings Island. It has been over 10 years since I went to the park and I always had so much fun.

We used to get Kings Island season passes for Christmas each year when we lived in this area and our family (brothers, sister, nieces, and nephews) would all gather together there. I have many fond memories of the park and today I made some new ones.

I went alone. I suppose I could have found someone to go with me, but to be honest, it was nice just to be alone…alone with thousands of my “closest” friends.

I first went to the kiddie section. I guess old habits are hard to break, but it was fun to see children enjoy the rides as much as my children did.

I rode the Racer…three times! It is my favorite roller coaster hands down. I do believe they took the old seats out and put in a new, smaller version because they were a little snug. It certainly couldn’t be that I’m a little heavier than the last time I rode the Racer.

Another favorite ride is the Viking Ship. Oh how I love it. However, my tummy wasn’t as excited as it should have been to be on this ride. I could only ride this once.

I went to the top of the Eiffel Tower. I’m so afraid of heights and I didn’t go near the edge, but I had to go. Just because. I took a picture from the top to prove I was there. With my stomach doing flip flops the whole time.


I sat near the water fountains for hours. Simply enjoying the sound, the sights, and the smells…

Of funnel cake and Starbucks and LaRosa’s and Skyline. Oh it was glorious!

I was at Kings Island yesterday, but I live in the King’s Kingdom daily.

The King’s Kingdom is glorious. I find joy in His Kingdom. I find love in His Kingdom. I find acceptance in His Kingdom. I find everything I need in His Kingdom.

But this Kingdom is so much more.

The King’s Kingdom is not of this world. John 18:36 says, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place.”

The King’s Kingdom is filled with light. “And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way; bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.” (Colossians 1:10-12)

The King’s Kingdom will not be shaken. Hebrews 12:28-29 assures us, “Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our ‘God is a consuming fire.’”

The King’s Kingdom has been promised. “Listen, my dear brothers: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?” (James 2:5)

Yes, the King’s Kingdom is full of blessings for those who live in the Kingdom and love the King.

Kings Island is celebrating their 40th anniversary this year. I was glad to be part of it. I hope they won’t be celebrating their 50th before I return.

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment