Thursday, April 19, 2012

Change


You’ve probably noticed yet another change in the style of my blog. There is a good reason for the change. After the initial modification, I heard comments like, “I liked the red…I felt like I was sitting in your family room.” “Where is the red?” “It felt warm the way it was before.” “It was you!”

So after trying a different look (for quite a while I might add), I’ve decided to combine the two. A red background with black lettering on white. It should fulfill all of our desires and needs.

To be honest, I liked it the way it was originally. I’m a red person. But I’m also a red and white person, so I think I will like this template in the long run.


Sometimes it is easy to get caught up in the “what’s new” arena. You know what I’m talking about. Pinterest, LinkedIn, Tumblr, and that old friend, Facebook. I thought by changing my blog to the “new” style, I would be doing something “right.”

I was wrong.

Sometimes it is okay to keep things the way it’s always been. Change just because you can is a poor reason to change.

So I’m back to red.

While I believe we are to change for our spiritual maturity, I also know that God doesn’t change. He is the same today as He was in the beginning.

There are numerous verses of Scripture to lead us in that direction.

The last book of the Old Testament shares the message with the Hebrew nation. Malachi 3:6 “I the Lord do not change.” God does not change, nor does His commitment or His purpose.

Hebrews 7:21 assures us that God will not change His mind either. “The Lord has sworn and will not change his mind; You are a priest forever.”

We also see that Jesus remains the same in Hebrews 13:8 “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.”

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.” (James 1:17) Gifts come from a Father who doesn’t change. Unlike other people in our lives or even the circumstances of our lives, God will not change.

And in the last book of the Bible, we see more evidence of this unchanging God. “’I am the Alpha and the Omega,’ says the Lord God, ‘who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.’” (Revelation 1:8) Yes, the First and Last, who is, was, and is to come is unchanging.

Everything changes in our lives. From what my hair looks like each day to favorite restaurants closing to lanes on the expressway being moved for construction to the design of a blog post.

The one thing we can count on to never change is God. God, His purpose, His commitment, His Word. Never has changed. And never, ever will change.

Praise the Lord, He never changes!

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment