Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A New Outlok on Heaven


Last year on this date, my 19 day old grandson, Archer, passed away and is heaven with our glorious Savior. A few weeks after that, I woke early one morning to a new vision of what heaven would be like. This is what I envisioned.
 

“I saw a large area with nursery isolettes, cribs and cradles. They were filled with babies. Some of these babies were unwanted on earth. They had been aborted by their mother, tossed into a river by relatives, or left in a dumpster as if they were yesterday’s trash. These babies had never known the care of a loving mother or grandmother or family. These babies were rejected.

Among them were also babies who were desperately wanted. By moms who lost these children to miscarriage or still birth. These babies could feel the excitement from their mother because of them, because she was carrying a child that she loved. However, these babies never felt the touch of their loving mothers. It was not meant to be.

There also were those babies who were fortunate to be born, to be loved by their mother, to be cherished day by day. But again for some reason, were not able to survive in this world. Disease, infection, accident, or any of the many reasons, these babies left their mothers far too soon.

In the nursery were women and men who loved babies. Who loved caring for those who were so helpless and tiny. You know who they are. Those faithful volunteers you see in church on Sunday morning. Week after week. Month after month. Who care for those tiny ones during church services. That is exactly who is “oohing” and “aahing” over these babies in heaven’s nursery.

There are grandmothers and mothers who loved their children and grandchildren on earth. Who desire to spend an eternity holding and loving babies. Lullabies are in abundance. Kisses and cuddles are shared willingly.

Occasionally Jesus strolls through the scene. He is thrilled to be among the babies. The smile on His face shows the love He has for these little ones. He stops periodically to show special interest to specific babies, and then moves on.”

If you are going through the grieving process now, please know that God cares. He wants to give you comfort during this time. I’ve included some verses of Scripture that have helped me over the past year. My favorites.

“My grace is sufficient for you,
 for my power is made perfect in weakness.”
2 Corinthians 12:9

“In this world you will have trouble. 
But take heart! I have overcome the world.” 
John 16:33b

“Be merciful to me, O Lord, for I am in distress;
my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and my body with grief.”
Psalm 31:9

“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.”
Psalm 46:1

“He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.”
Psalm 147:3

“I will turn their mourning into gladness;
I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.”
Jeremiah 31:13

I didn’t want this day to pass without remembering Archer in my writing. I don’t know if there will be a room like this. I just know that when I was grieving, this was a comfort to me. What I am confident of is that Archer is with Jesus and he by-passed this mean, ugly world for the riches of glory. He is missed each day and will forever be in our hearts. We love you Archer, our Little Mister!

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,

Donna

2 comments:

  1. We will be together, together with our savior
    Every promise fulfilled every word spoken come to pass
    We will be together, together with our savior
    Face to face with our God for all eternity
    We will be together

    Thanks for honoring our grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the day when we will be together...and with Jesus!

    ReplyDelete