Sunday, October 7, 2012

Return

Since I’ve been writing this blog, I have written a lot about going away, being away from home, and returning home. I have traveled quite a bit this year. This is yet another post about returning home.

I am returning home to the ones who love me most in this world. I am returning home to the conveniences that I’ve held close. I am returning home with determination to never take anything for granted again. I am returning home to share a story or two about the people of SE Asia. I am returning home to be used by God.


Honestly, I don’t know how God is going to work through me after this journey. I thought it would be clear. I thought He would have given direction. But as of today, I don’t know what His plan is.

I can say that I learned quite a bit, however. I now know that I am courageous, flexible, peaceable, open and willing to learn, have a good attitude, and a welcoming smile. I now know that my gift of communication is truly a gift from God that I am willing to use. I now know that I love traveling overseas.

But there is still so much more to learn. I now know that I will be open and willing to learn how God is going to use my experiences from this journey to teach me and lead me.

My journey is not over. It has just begun.

As I am given insight, I will share. Until then, I will continue to use my writing to study God’s Word to see what God is teaching me. I will use my writing to encourage others. I will use my writing to share the Gospel with anyone who is willing to listen. And above all, I will use my writing to glorify God.

Thanks for joining me on this journey. And know this, we are not alone. God is always with us.

“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.” (Psalm 32:8 – NIV)

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment