Friday, September 21, 2012

Ready For a Change?

Today is the last day you’ll be hearing from me…at least until October 7th. I will be unavailable, but I have a blog post ready to post every day while I am away. My very good friend, Lori will be posting, sharing on Facebook, Tweeting and replying to comments while I’m gone. I leave you all in very good hands.


(I think I have a small glimpse into the Apostle Paul’s life as he left those new Christians years ago…I know it was a difficult thing for him. He trained the leaders, he gave them ample material, the tools were all in place. He had done all he could. These people were his babies…babies in Christ. He wanted them to be cared for as if he were there doing the caring himself. In the end, he trusted God to oversee their spiritual growth. Yes, it must have been difficult.)


While I’m away, each post will feature a Biblical benediction, the bestowment of a blessing. I was amazed at how many there actually are! After the benediction, there will be some prayer requests and some praises. Please lift these requests up to our heavenly Father and praise Him for all He has done and will do.

I was reminded this week that I am not the only one leaving the country this week. There are others heading off on service trips too. My cousin and her daughter will be going to Haiti on Saturday. Please keep them and many others who are willing to give of themselves in prayer. May God exponentially bless human efforts as we share His Gospel with others around the world.

As I head out on this SE Asia journey, I cannot help but praise and thank God for the many blessings He has bestowed upon me and our team. The prayer and financial support has been overwhelming. Thank you to each and every person who has and who will be praying for us while we are on this trip. You are a precious member of our team.

I have been pulling verses of Scripture to carry with me and I wanted to share some of my favorites with you in closing.

“Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.” (Psalm 9:10 – NIV)

“The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.” (Psalm 18:2 – NIV)

“My heart is stirred by a noble theme as I recite my verses for the king; my tongue is the pen f a skillful writer.” (Psalm 45:1 – NIV)

“You open your hand and satisfy the desire of every living thing.” (Psalm 145:16 – NIV)

“I will sing of the Lord’s great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations. I will declare that your love stands firm forever, that you established your faithfulness in heaven itself.” (Psalm 89:1-2 – NIV)

I cannot wait to return. To share a story or two of how God worked through me. Of how He changed my heart. But until then, “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 15:13 – NIV)

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment