Tuesday, August 14, 2012

God's Message

I stepped outside my front door yesterday morning to water my flowers and I found a little note. It had fallen behind my flower box, so I almost missed it.


I was thankful that I didn’t overlook it. For inside was a message of hope. A message of forgiveness. A message of grace. The message was the Gospel!


Someone had taken the time to type and print this message, wrap it into a neat package, and deliver it to my door step. How blessed and honored I feel to be the recipient of this message.

Did you receive that message yesterday? Were your eyes open and searching for the message God had for you? If not, I’d like to share the message with you today.

What is God’s message? I’ve gathered a short list here…there are many more messages in God’s Word, but this is a start. These are not in order of importance, but in order according to where they are found in the Bible.

God Made You and You Belong to Him
“Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.” (Psalm 100:3 – NIV)

Do Not Be Afraid
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10 – NIV)

God Loves You
“For God so loved the world [you] that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever [whoever is you] believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16 – NIV)

Jesus is Preparing Heaven for You
“Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.” (John 14:1-3 – NIV)

Repent and Be Baptized
“Peter replied, ‘Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” (Acts 2:38 – NIV)

God is On Your Side
“What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?” (Romans 8:31 – NIV)

You Are a New Creation
“Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” (2 Corinthians 5:17 – NIV)

You Are Chosen
“But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.” (1 Peter 2:9 – NIV)

Jesus Will Return
“He who testifies to these things says, ‘Yes, I am coming soon.’ Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.” (Revelation 22:20 – NIV)

God’s message is one of love, grace, forgiveness and acceptance. You can’t be guaranteed of that in this world, but with God, all of these are possible.

How have you responded to God’s message? Have you embraced it and accepted it? Have you allowed it to make a difference in your life?

Or are you keeping your distance from God, not wanting to hear the full message? If so, why? Why not accept His message today?

I plan to be more alert to the messages God scatters throughout my day. I pray that you won’t miss the message that God has for you. It just might be life changing.

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment