Saturday, April 14, 2012

A Nasty Bug

My laptop was somehow infected by a virus. A spybot. It has taken days to get rid of the junk that accompanied this little worm. Even down to completely removing everything from my laptop and starting from scratch.

That sounded like a great idea. However, now that I have my laptop back, nothing is the same! Microsoft Word is completely different. All of my “favorites” on the internet are gone. My virus protector is driving me crazy with its desire to keep my laptop free of the horrors that accompany emails or visits to web pages.

And I’m weary from trying to remember the passwords to each and every program, website, and email.

It’s been difficult to even write. All of my writings are on my laptop. So when I had to work on my husband’s laptop for a couple of days, it was a real struggle to get into the groove. I just couldn’t get inspired.

I feel a little defeated!

Maybe I’m more frustrated than defeated. I just want everything to go back to the way it was…before. Before my entire electronic world was destroyed. Guess what? It’s not going to happen. I must learn to live with the way things are now. Suspicious. Cautious. Leary. Concerned. Anxious. I think I’m becoming my virus protection software!

The problem is I don’t want to be!

I don’t want to have any of the feelings mentioned above. So I’m going to give it all to Jesus.

I am going to give it to the Prince of Peace so that I might have His peace.

I am going to give it to the Good Shepherd so that He might lead me.

I am going to give it to the Rabbi so that I might learn from Him.

I am going to give it to the Lord of All so that He will be in complete control.

I will adjust. Life will get easier. Normal will soon return. Until that time, I will trust in Jesus knowing that I don’t need to worry. Today I choose peace. Today I choose guidance. Today I choose instruction. Today I choose surrender.

“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 15:13)

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment