Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Three Weeks


Three weeks and over 500 page views later, this blog thing continues. But I have to ask myself, “Why? Why am I writing and posting daily?” For me, it is a sense of purpose. Maybe I don’t have a lot to say, but maybe, just maybe, someone who reads one of my posts will be blessed in some way. But, what about you? Does it make any difference in your daily walk with Jesus? Do you take the time to ponder the thoughts and biblical principles that I write about? Are they just “good stories” to read? I’ve received a few responses from people, several “likes” on Facebook, and a comment or two on the blog itself, but is it really making a difference?

I guess I would have to look once again to the Bible for an answer to this question. I believe that we are to share the Gospel and make disciples throughout our lives and in our realm of influence. So, this is where I might plant a seed and point the way to Jesus. I also know that probably most, if not all of my audience here are already believers. My desire is that someone might stumble upon this blog and see how Jesus cares for them. That His desire for them would be to become a follower. My prayer must be for those who are lost to be found.

And if only a seed is planted, then all the more reason to continue with this blog. Paul states in 1 Corinthians 3:6, “I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow.” That’s what it’s all about. Planting the seeds that will lead others to Jesus. God will do the rest.

Paul also encouraged Timothy to “devote himself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching.” That is exactly what this blog is about. God’s Word and teaching what it is saying to this world and to me! What a tool we as Christians have. There has never been a more public way of getting the message out there than the Internet.

So you may be silent. You may never post a comment here or on one of the other social medias, but know that I’ll be here daily. Writing and posting. Because if I cannot share what God has done in my life, who will? Let’s not leave it to the “stones to cry out” praise to God. Won’t you join me?

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,

Donna

2 comments:

  1. Your blogs have been excellently written & uplifting. I can see a daily devotional book coming out of these. Keep up what God is calling you to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Phil...this means a lot coming from you.

    ReplyDelete